ARPAC LLC is one of the largest packaging machinery companies in North America, and manufactures the broadest range of packaging solutions for its customers. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, we pride ourselves in achieving organizational excellence by being the industry leader in lean principles and continuous improvement practices. We are dedicated to driving innovation and delivering exceptional quality in everything we do.
Our commitment to our employees is that we will create a culture that motivates and develops employees, embraces outstanding performance, and eliminates complacency.
Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Life Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Pre-Tax medical/child care
- 401(k) savings plan
If you're an achiever who is passionate about the way you spend your days, demand more from yourself, and bring more to your job, your team and the organization, then ARPAC might be the place for you.
ARPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
ARPAC Employment Opportunities
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 866-896-2783 Posted: 06/26/2017
Regional Sales Manager (Dallas or Southern, CA)
As our RSM located either in Dallas, TX or Southern, CA you will be responsible for the sale of company products and promotional programs in a geographically assigned territory within the framework of company policies, procedures and practices. You will be required to use a disciplined selling approach that defines the opportunity, builds trust/confidence and presents a solution that will meet and exceed the expectations of the customer while accomplishing the requirements and objectives of the company all without compromising professional relationships of all parties involved.
The ideal candidate will have an in depth knowledge of direct sales and the packaging equipment distribution industry and a solid understanding of equipment applications and commercial business practices. A growth conscience individual that is determined to incrementally grow their sales territory is required. You will function in a team environment following applicable ARPAC policies and procedures in performing their duties.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Grow the business through direct sales and distributors via training, strategic planning, plan deployment and follow-up.
- Increase sales and penetrate new / existing accounts through contacts and relationships, and by leveraging Company’s products and capabilities.
- Build imbedded relationships from top to bottom.
- Determine effective ways to penetrate new and existing accounts and sustain long-term business relationships
- Understand intimately and participate aggressively in the company’s sales strategy. Responsible for successfully implementing the plan in their territory.
- Demonstrate an intimacy with region’s business metrics as a tool to manage the territory.
- Thoroughly understand the terms and conditions of every sale
- Contribute to developing and implementing an effective on-going educational and training process to ensure customers and distributors have solid product knowledge
- Responsible for training distributor sales personnel and packaging and equipment specialists in accordance with ARPAC University policies, goals and coursework.
- Aggressively initiate and participate in the writing of accurate order specifications and submit them in a timely fashion to ensure on time project completion that meets or exceeds customer’s expectations.
- Intimate understanding of internal paper flow regarding each sale and educate distributors as to the importance of the return of all documents requested by ARPAC in a timely fashion in order to keep projects on time.
- Interface positively and proactively with various support teams inside ARPAC to ensure the most positive customer response from ARPAC when issues occur.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of packaging equipment with demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral. An ARPAC RSM should be able to deliver the ARPAC message fluently and methodically. The RSM will have excellent written skills with the ability to define issues, actions and solutions into a well-structured and easily understood written communication.
- Exceptional conflict resolution skills to keep balanced control of customer issues and problems when they occur.
- Must possess the ability to read people and adapt their approach to the applicable situation.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Exceptional follow-up and project management skills are a must.
- Minimum of five years of related capital equipment selling experience
- Proven track record of sales growth year after year
- Formal Training/Sales Programs (i.e. Consultative selling techniques)
- Business degree or related experience
- Proficient in the use of PCs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
As part of SupportPro’s retrofits team, the Retrofits Sales Engineer is responsible for contributing to the overall success of the retrofits business by functioning as a product manager for retrofits. Specific responsibilities include sales, applications, and engineering of retrofits.
Retrofits Sales Engineer
- Grow Retrofits Portfolio: Identify opportunities, products, and programs to enhance the retrofit business.
- Marketing: Develop and execute marketing and promotional plans to ensure revenue growth and continuously improve competitive position.
- Grow Retrofits Sales: Identify and prioritize opportunities to generate revenue through design and component upgrades.
- Customer support: Build strong relationships with customers. Meet and correspond with customers to ensure that their needs and expectations are fully understood and documented. Support Sales in all retrofit pre-order activities.
- Retrofit Project Process: Ensure PO’s match SupportPro’s proposal terms and conditions. Provide technical assistance internally and externally when needed for the duration of the retrofit project.
- Create proposals for retrofits including creating design layouts.
- Develop financial budgets for custom retrofit opportunities.
- Develop installation timeline and cost estimates.
- Provide support to Technical Service on retrofit installations.
- Work with the Documentation department to ensure the accuracy of operation manuals.
- Utilize financial reporting and metrics required to accurately measure results.
- Utilize continuous improvement practices to reduce future installation challenges
- Promote retrofits through support of all internal sales channels.
- Promote other Aftermarket business offerings
- Degree in engineering degree preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in sales, engineering, applications or related field
- Packaging equipment and/or automation industry a plus
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and proficiency in Word and Excel required
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software desired
- Knowledge of Solidworks beneficial
- Knowledge of manufacturing and engineering processes desired.
- Must be a team player and work effectively with different departments and customers.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle several tasks at once.
Responsible for the procurement of parts for the Aftermarket business supporting spare parts orders, retrofits and field change jobs. Purchasing includes quoting, negotiating prices, returns to suppliers, confirming orders, expediting delivery to meet customer promised dates, and communication of schedule changes to operations and sales. Planning includes coordination of all materials for jobs and orders, tracking of purchased parts in relation to the job’s schedule, and inventory levels. Responsible for achieving on time delivery objectives.
- Responsible for planning quantities, negotiating pricing and delivery and issuing Purchase Orders to satisfy demand generated by work orders, Sales Orders and machines.
- Review defective or unacceptable parts or services with stockroom. Determine source of problem and take corrective action as needed. Responsible for Returns processing with Supplier and coordinating credit with internal Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for ensuring part availability, expediting when necessary, working with Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering to identify alternatives when possible.
- Responsible for executing Department objectives including Supplier Consolidation and developing Supplier Partnerships.
- Coordinate activities with purchasing, production, engineering and customer service. Communicate deviations from schedules effectively.
- Develop and implement purchase plan with suppliers in support of forecasted and actual Customer Orders.
- Monitor purchase orders of timely confirmation from suppliers and delivery performance.
- Ensure prompt communication of schedule changes throughout operations, and to Sales/Customer Service.
- Communicate Bill of Material discrepancies to Engineering.
- Report inventory discrepancies to Inventory Manager.
- Monitor backorders and take appropriate action to minimize recurrence.
- Process customer and production purchased parts returns.
- Annually review inventory levels of purchased components and determine stocking levels.
- Projects and other responsibilities as directed by manager.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data in order to facilitate decision-making.
- Ability to contribute co-operatively and successfully, whether on a functional or cross-functional basis.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent, or a minimum of 2 to 5 years manufacturing experience.
- Experience with ERP/CRP/MRP systems and processes a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word required.
- Knowledge of kan-ban and JIT principles.
This position is for the experienced Project (Design) Engineer, looking for an opportunity to work on a diverse and comprehensive product line. We offer the opportunity to challenge your mechanical design skills as part of talented, hands on engineering team. Apply your extensive knowledge and experience of automated equipment design as you take ownership of projects from concept to product launch including design, vendor communication, tooling design, product testing, documentation, troubleshooting, and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Meet with, or corresponds with, customers, sales representatives, distributors, etc., to ensure that the needs and expectations of the customer are fully understood and documented.
- Create conceptual design layouts.
- Create detailed machine drawings which meet ARPAC Standards. Ensure layouts are accurate and completed enough to be understood by production staff and engineers.
- Design, or direct the design of, mechanical assemblies and piece parts which function as required to meet customer needs, and which can be manufactured and assembled economically.
- Perform calculations as required to validate design decisions. Make notes and keep copies of calculations and reference documents which are used as the basis for design decisions.
- Ensure that machines and components are safe and/or safely guarded.
- Prepare and distribute drawing packages, Bills of Material and other information as will be required for manufacture and assembly of parts to build finished machinery
- Interact with ARPAC vendors and third party vendors to assure proper performance of equipment obtained for the customer as part of a customer installation.
- Participate in customer meetings to discuss technical issues. Work with Sales to schedule final inspection visits, so all interested parties are included.
- Work with the Documentation Department to ensure accuracy of Maintenance manuals.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments of ARPAC as required to ensure the timely completion, profitability and proper operation of machinery being built.
- Provide support and assistance to the Technical Service Department as needed. Possible travel to visit customer plants may be required.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing conventional palletizers preferred or automated equipment.
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Regional Service Tech – (Charlotte, NC /Columbus, OH / New England / Northeast)As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of ARPAC machines and systems as well as promoting After Market Sales.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with ARPAC machinery at customer locations.
- Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of ARPAC equipment.
- Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
- Submit reports on machine and system installations, warranty repairs, overall performance levels, problems, and product improvement or enhancement opportunities to ARPAC personnel. Submit clear and measurable statements on machine performance, and clear punch lists of open issues.
- Develop opportunities to promote After Market Sales and generate additional revenue for ARPAC through sales of After Market parts, services, and retrofits.
- Prospect for future business relationships
- Set up appointments with customers when not on prior scheduled assignments
- Submit accurate and timely expense and time reports.
- Communicate daily with Technical Service office to ensure that the Technical Resource Planner is aware of delays, expected completion of job, and other problems or issues that arise. Escalate issues or concerns to Technical Service Manager as necessary.
- Travel extensively in assigned territory.
- Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at ARPAC’s facility.
- Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Familiarize oneself with all Arpac machinery and new technology.
- Interface with Customer Service/Parts, Sales, Marketing, Final Assurance, Engineering, Production and Materials Management in a professional and productive manner.
- At all times represent ARPAC with highest levels of professionalism and integrity while interfacing with customers, distributors, and suppliers.
- Be available every other weekend, or the next weekend if the prior weekend was not worked. Occasionally on large projects, 2 weekends in a row may be required.
- Minimum of high school diploma and ten years’ experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment. Experience must include extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming.
- AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired. Extensive Allen-Bradley PLC training required.
- Solid knowledge of packaging equipment including competitor equipment.
- Travel experience required.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
- Allen Bradley PanelView HMI programming capabilities are a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is a strong advantage.